Tuesday, February 6, 2018

One point for Sister Merrill!

Jan 29, 2018

In the constant battle to get kids to pay attention, I scored!

And I don't even feel bad that it involved sugar.

It was only a little bit....

I made little meringues this week. If you've never had them, one of the kids descirbed it well - they're like icing baked into solid form. But I made them little Hershey kiss-size. I got up, we sang a song, and I rewarded everyone who was participating with a meringue. And suddenly everyone was interested in participating! 

And, as prophesied (to myself, if not to everyone else...) as soon as they were all participating, we had a lot of fun. We found out that everyone has the first verse of "I am a Child of God" memorized in both languages well. We celebrated by playing it on the hand bells my sister gave us for Christmas. Then we had time to learn the 2nd verse. And we got out the hand bells again just for fun. Everyone was happy and smiling, we were happy to be singing and snacking together, and it was a great time.

We'll see next week if they've decided I'm cool now or not...crossing fingers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment