Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Making Friends

(October 29, 2017)

Our family went to the first branch activity last night - Trunk-or-Treat! It was funny - it was the exact same time and the exact same activity as our old ward's Halloween party. Just different people. And a lot quieter :)

When we first moved to this area 8 years ago, my first friends were all empty-nesters. And they're still some of my best friends. And last night at the Trunk-or-Treat, I found myself talking to the same age group (who are now closer to my own age than they were back then!) There's something special about women who have been through it all, but now they have time to sit and talk and make friends. They aren't chasing around their 6 kids any more. They know what it's like to be new, to have a lot of kids, to do all the things I'm doing right now. And so they sit down and talk to me. Even though it means talking r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w-l-y right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment