Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Away in a Manger

Dec 3, 2017

Last night was the branch Christmas party! The Primary was responsible for the Nativity play. Lige and Ellis were Joseph and Mary. (Lige was drafted into service because none of the boys in Primary wanted to be Joseph...) Sam was a Wise Man. Martha was married. Ha! She and another nursery girl ended up tagging along with the Wise Men, and didn't cause too much chaos.

The best part of the show by far was the real baby to play Baby Jesus. She's only 1 month old and has a definite "Middle Eastern" complexion. She was wrapped in a white blanket and for all the world could have been the Baby Jesus. After the speaking parts were over, parents spontaneously rushed the stage to take pictures. It was a picture perfect moment!

After the play, we sang "The Nativity Song" and then I led the entire audience in "Silent Night." Every time I looked up and saw everyone following little ole' me, I felt remarkably shy and looked back down. Eventually, I forced myself to look up and smile.

It was a really lovely few minutes, some quiet time with the Baby Jesus. Then my kids went crazy and I took them home. But it was fun while it lasted!

And now, I have to figure out what I'm going to sing in Primary today...oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment