Tuesday, February 6, 2018

In which I am put to work...

November 21, 2017

I got a calling this week! I am going to be serving in the Primary (Junior Sunday School) presidency. Since our whole Primary is the 3 people in the presidency, 1 teacher and 2 nursery leaders, there's nothing very glamorous about being in the presidency. Here is what I do:
  • Teach singing time each week. Of the 6 adults in Primary, they picked the hearing one to teach singing. :)  
  • Substitute for nursery or junior primary when their teachers have to work on Sunday
  • We're going to start Activity days, an extracurricular activity for the older kids. 
Oh, and I'm assigned to bring a star for the Nativity at the branch Christmas party. Can't forget to bring that!

We had a Primary presidency meeting today to get me oriented and make plans for the next year. At the end of the meeting, the president asked if I was ok. I had a concerned look on my face. It was actually the "I have been concentrating really hard to understand you for 2 hours and my brain is about to explode" face, but my language abilities were declining by that point and I'm not sure I explained that really well...

I'm really excited to serve in Primary. I'm excited to get to be with my kids, I'm excited to be teaching singing again, and I'm excited to get to serve with the other sisters in the presidency, both of whom are among my first friends. I'm sad that I don't get to go to Sunday School and Relief Society, since I was learning a lot there. I'm scared of teaching singing time in English and ASL...maybe I need to do some innovative thinking about how to do this. Or I just need to get better at singing and signing at the same time. I mean, the words are almost the same, how hard can it be? Ha ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment