Monday, June 4, 2018

Sam's turn!

Well, we all know Martha's main purpose in life is being really adorable learning sign language. But it turns out that Sam does really adorable things, too! He's just really camera shy - and more aware of parents being sneaky! But I caught him the other day, finally :)

As you can tell, he totally saw me, but he was having a fun time playing with my tablet, and he was afraid if he talked to me, I'd tell him to put it away. So we sorta mutually looked over each other's crimes.

This first one is Sam signing "I am a Child of God," which, alas, was interrupted by Lige wanting to give Sam a fancy pocket hanky :) It's really pretty close to the way we sign it in Primary, too :)


This next one is, "If the Savior stood beside me." Sam turns around when he can't remember how it goes because the signs are posted on the wall behind him to help Mom practice. It's a hard song! I don't think he actually USED the papers, though - they were up too high for him. I can tell because he's making up his own translation in that section :)


The other reason I really just love this video is because it's soooo realistic. I watch the ending and think, "Yup, that's my family in a nutshell! Signing beautiful songs one moment, smacking our sisters the next. And a mom who keeps on taking a movie instead of jumping up and stopping the fighting." Good thing I have my priorities straight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment