Sunday, June 10, 2018

"I love and like EVERYONE in the WORLD!"

As I walked into the church foyer today, Martha ran off. I shouted, (as quietly as I could...) "Hey, Martha, come back!" but she didn't hear me. Ellis said, "She's going to give Sister M a hug." What?!? Martha has been so shy around the adults in the branch. But she went in to the chapel and hugged every single woman in there with the biggest smile you ever saw. (The men were all bustling about getting things ready, I don't know if she would have been brave enough to hug any of them...)

Martha's old nursery teacher was called to serve somewhere else, and Martha misses her terribly. She saw her during sacrament meeting and sweetly smiled at her for 10 straight minutes.

When she went to nursery, she decided for some reason that she's now friends with her new nursery teachers. When it was time to part, she told her teacher "I love and like you!" and gave her a big hug and her winning smile. Her teacher was shocked - usually Martha just gives her looks of suspicion :) Now they're best friends!

Martha's only 3. I prepared lessons and props, taught object lessons and songs, but in the end, I wonder if Martha didn't do more to further the work of the Lord today than I did. She shared the love of Jesus with everyone, lifting and lightening everyone she touched.

After church, she declared (in English), "Mom, I love and like EVERYONE in the WORLD!" What a great thing that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment