Friday, January 11, 2019

Following the Prophet

Marriner and I read (separately) and discuss (together) a couple of talks from General Conference every week. The idea is to make it through all the talks in about 6 months :) This week, we made it to President Nelson's talk to the women of the church from last October.

We all know that President Nelson asked the women to do 4 things in his talk:

  1. Read the Book of Mormon before the end of the year, highlighting references to Christ
  2. Establish a pattern of regular temple attendance
  3. 10 day fast from social media
  4. Participate fully in Relief Society
I felt pretty good about myself for having done all 4 of them, especially finishing the Book of Mormon on time. But as I re-read the talk, I found he'd asked us to do a lot more things than just those 4!! Here's my list of OTHER requests from the prophet that I haven't done yet:

  1. Pray to understand my spiritual gifts, then cultivate, use and expand them
  2. Overcome my fear to pray, "Whom wouldst Thou have me help today?"
  3. Help gather scattered Israel
  4. Record and follow through with each impression after thinking about changes prompted from social media fast
  5. Be intentional about talking of Christ with family and friends
  6. Teach the people I love what I'm learning from the scriptures
  7. Seek to know and understand more about temples than I ever have before
  8. Study the current RS purpose and declaration
So, I'm putting this here to hold myself accountable until I've actually done ALL the things the Prophet asked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment