Monday, March 14, 2022

 Sigh. This week has been a crying week. I just get overwhelmed with the news from Ukraine, and there's nothing to do but cry about it sometimes. We knew things would get worse, so it's like watching a slow train wreck to hear news from friends. 

Yesterday, I finished Singing Time, cleaned up, and went to the end of Relief Society. The lesson was about increasing our compassion for others, and the teacher used the kindness of the people in Poland as an example. The pictures of refugee camps opened the water spigots in my eyes, and I just sat there and cried. And, of course, felt a little awkward about it. Then I felt the comforting thought that everyone around me was deaf, and didn't hear me sniffling - that was a small comfort! But then I laughed as my small comfort turned against me - the RS president turned around and asked me to say the closing prayer. :) I'm sure she wouldn't have asked me if she'd heard my sniffling!

Keep praying for Ukraine, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment