Monday, August 27, 2018

Best. Package. Ever.

Hmmm....several months ago, I wrote about my favorite salsa. A month later, a friend showed up with my favorite salsa in a gift bag. Woohoo!!

Last week, I wrote about my favorite sore throat "remedy" (or, sore finger in this case...) - Werther's. Well, guess what happened....

Saturday afternoon, an unexpected package showed up in the mail from Marriner's aunt (and, as I frequently tell her, she's our FAVORITE aunt, at least on that branch of the family, because she lived in Ohio when we were in Indiana, and we pretty much adopted her as surrogate mom.) This is what was inside:


Yes, not one, not two, but THREE bags of Werther's. And I have to say, my finger feels way better now! It works!

Due to my sudden largess, I decided to share with the Primary kids who were the cause of it all. I took them to Primary and gave out Werther's for singing one of their songs the most-beautiful-and-wonderful-ever-make-your-mom-cry. Since they're not used to singing that intensely, they only got one treat, but I'm sure next week will give me more chances to share :) We're working on getting ready for the Primary Sacrament Meeting Program, which is a big deal and a lot of work. The Primary is in charge of Sacrament meeting, and we sing songs, give talks, and show everything we've learned this year. So I used the Werther's to remind the kids that all the hard work is "Worth it."

So next week, I'm going to find some way to link ASL to....fondue? Steak? Milkshakes?

I was trying to hit "publish" on this post, but I just couldn't...I mean, what if someone actually tries to send me a milkshake? So just to clarify - I'm just joking. I don't really need fondue, or steak or milkshakes. I would start to feel a little guilty of taking advantage of my friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment