Tuesday, August 7, 2018

An answer to prayer

I'd been having a feeling of perpetual miscommunication with someone in the branch recently. (I hope she doesn't mind me sharing this experience! It was just such a spiritual experience for me!) And I didn't know if it was just me being overly worried, or what. Last night I mentioned it in my prayers and asked to know how to best understand and how to be supportive of this person.

Today I got a really loving text that must have been hard to write explaining this person's frustration with me, and what I needed to change. I'm sure she must have been scared to send it for fear of offending me. But when I saw it, I was honestly just so happy! It answered all the things I was unsure about. It gave me a chance to explain myself and not be misunderstood. In the end, we both were so touched by the spirit of love that was present.

After the exchange was over, I marveled at how easy it had been for me to not be hurt by the words of correction. How I seemed guided by the spirit to know how to respond. I thought of my prayer the night before, and I felt the comfort of the spirit tell me that these were all answers to that prayer.

I'm super-cognizant that miscommunications and inadvertent offenses are going to be part of my life for the next while. But isn't it so wonderful to know that God is there to help me work them out?

No comments:

Post a Comment