Sunday, May 6, 2018

My kids want to be The Piano Guys.

A few weeks ago, someone needed some emergency help, and I abandoned my older kids at home to run and help. Friends, can I just tell you what good kids I have? These kids see their mom run out the door somewhat frantically, and they put their heads together and decide to help Mom out.

First off, they cleaned up breakfast all by themselves. Without being told to. Like, all the way, all the way. That's something that's never happened before!

Then they decided to write a piano song to play when I came in the door so I could come in and have some nice music to help me not be stressed out. I don't think this is the sort of thing my sisters and I thought of when we were kids. (Sorry, sibs, guess we just weren't so cool after all.) So after some discussion (which I predict might have been heated at times, maybe just as well that Mom wasn't home!) they decided to write a Piano Guys song. So this is what I walked in the door to hear (because they set a watchman at the window to make sure they knew when I pulled up):


Of course, I didn't record it the first time, I had to make them play it again so I could take a movie. Which is a really funny part of our society. But aren't you glad I did it, anyway?

I think my favorite part is how Ellis lets Martha play the last note. They're artistic enough that they don't want her to ruin the song, but humane enough to not want to leave anyone out.

Ah...I love these kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment