Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Communication is so essential in marriage!

Tuesday night is Marriner's "Branch Night" where he goes up to the church after work and does all his interviews and meetings that he can't fit in on Sunday. And I think I've mentioned before the night-owl-ish nature of some of the people in this Branch...so...Marriner is out pretty late sometimes! (Since those very same night owls might be really confused if they read this, let me define "out really late" as "getting home after 10pm." Hey, I'm an early-to-bed sort. )

So this last Tuesday, Marriner got home about 10:30. I was so tired. So was Marriner. He came in and went to the kitchen to get something to eat. We tried making small talk, but it sorta failed. It's a little hard to start a conversation because I don't know what parts of his day were sensitive or confidential, and I don't want to start a conversation about something I shouldn't have. And it's even harder when everyone's a little tired and grumpy. So finally, after a few false starts, I just blurted out, "There has to have been SOMETHING that happened today that wasn't confidential. Tell me about it!"

Marriner thought for a second then he responded enthusiastically, "I know! Lige has a talk on Sunday!"

And I'll just stop right there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment