Sunday, April 7, 2019

This week's random stories

We've all been dealing with a stomach virus that has nailed Martha tonight. As she was going to bed, she told Marriner, "I don't want to say my prayer. I think I'm going to throw up. Can I pray in sign language?" And this is why we're glad we sign!

Marriner was out of town all week, so I let some of the older girls sleep in my bed with me. It turned into the first time I actually thought maybe I really did wish I was deaf. On Wednesday, Lillian slept with me. When I came in to go to bed, she was on top of the blankets, so I had to move her so I could get in bed. Then she turned 90* and spent the rest of the night poking me with her feet. Ugh! So the next night, I let Ellis sleep with me, who is usually less tossy-turny in bed. But I guess she was feeling a little under the weather, and she slept really rough. But the part that killed me was that every time she'd roll over (every 30 seconds or so) she'd grind her teeth! UGH!! Finally, I couldn't take it any more, and I moved to her bed. A few minutes later, "cough, cough" then teeth grinding while they settled back down. GAH! I ended up sleeping on the couch, far away from my noisy family. By then it was after 1am. Teeth grinding is the worst thing ever, guys.

Our branch is sorta big. Marriner and Lige were taking off to watch the General Priesthood meeting with some close branch members, and he was in charge of the ice cream. Of course, they were running late, but I yelled, "Don't you want a cooler for the ice cream?"

"We're just going to the Scott's house, it's not far!...well, and we're swinging by Gallaudet to pick someone up...and yeah, that will take an hour, we'd better take a cooler."

Well, that's enough stories from me for the week. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment