Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Cousin night and visitors

Wednesday is now "Cousin Night" around here. The Merrill cousins all congregate on Zoom and play games. It's loud and crazy, and all I have to do is send emails and provide ice cream for my own kids. Easiest party ever :) I'm so glad my kids get along with their cousins. I think, if we get to have a Merrill Reunion this year, they will really hit the ground running, since they'll actually know who each other are! What do you think - will we be able to travel to Utah by the end of June??

Another fun thing broke up the routine today. Our friends, the Haddocks, went on a walk and came to our house to wave to us. We had a nice yelled conversation with them from the front porch to the sidewalk. The kids struggled to follow the rules to stay inside the house. But they gave in eventually. Yay for us, no germs shared!

Today I took advantage of a low school workload, as the teachers are working on getting students set up for distance learning. I farmed out some of my chores, and surprisingly checked a lot of stuff off my to-do list! I really enjoy being able to be involved with my kids more, but I've noticed that I get way behind on my work. So today was pay-back time. Bwahaha... Actually, the next few weeks are going to be chore-a-lific. And then maybe we'll watch a movie to celebrate. Just kidding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment