Saturday, September 1, 2018

Church friends

A friend from our old ward, the Capitol ward, remembered us and invited us to their Labor Day Bash/Kids' Birthday party. Woot! Woot!

There were a lot of old friends and familiar faces there! It was great fun to catch up - and a little annoying too, like when you find out your friend you THOUGHT you were pretty tight with is like 30 weeks pregnant, and never got around to mentioning it. Yeah, you know who you are :) Ok, so maybe I didn't call in the last 6 months, either....

There were a lot of unfamiliar faces, too. Most of them were neighbors and co-workers. One time, I introduced myself, "Hi, I'm Christine. I'm a friend of (the host family) from church." The guy I was talking to looked surprised and sorta sputtered around a bit. "So, uh....you're in the Capitol ward?" I guess he was their friend from church, too :)

Marriner and I joked that what I SHOULD have said was, "No, no, I'm their friend from their OTHER church...."

Man, life could be so fun if only we didn't need to be honest all the time...

Just kidding. Really.

1 comment:

  1. You know, *you* can't really say anything about not telling folks if you're pregnant.... ;)

    ReplyDelete